New articles published in the last nine month
- Using ‘snapshot’ measurements of CH4 ﬂuxes from an ombrotrophic peatland to estimate annual budgets: interpolation versus modelling.
by S.M. Green and A.J. Baird (Mires and Peat 19: Article 09) Published online: 21.03.2017
- Drivers of peat accumulation rate in a raised bog: impact of drainage, climate, and local vegetation composition.
by N. Stivrins, I. Ozola, M. Gałka, E. Kuske, T. Alliksaar, T.J. Andersen, M. Lamentowicz, S. Wulf and T. Reitalu (Mires and Peat 19: Article 08) Published online: 21.03.2017
- Holocene elemental, lead isotope and charcoal record from peat in southern Poland.
by K. Tudyka, A. Pazdur, F. De Vleeschouwer, M. Lityńska-Zając, L. Chróst and N. Fagel (Mires and Peat 19: Article 07) Published online: 05.03.2017
- Ten-year results of a comparison of methods for restoring afforested blanket bog.
by R. Anderson and A. Peace (Mires and Peat 19: Article 06) Published online: 26.02.2017
- Consolidation of gyttja in a rewetted fen peatland: Potential implications for restoration.
by S. Malloy and J.S. Price (Mires and Peat 19: Article 05) Published online: 08.02.2017
- Biosorption of hexavalent chromium from aqueous solutions using highly characterised peats.
by A.M. Rizzuti, C.R. Newkirk, K.A. Wilson, L.W. Cosme and A.D. Cohen (Mires and Peat 19: Article 04) Published online: 08.02.2017
- Quality loss of Swiss bog vegetation - the key importance of the margins.
by E. Feldmeyer-Christe and M. Küchler (Mires and Peat 19: Article 03) Published online: 18.01.2017
- Characterisation of Holocene plant macrofossils from North Spanish ombrotrophic mires: bryophytes.
by M. Souto, D. Castro, X. Pontevedra-Pombal, E. Garcia-Rodeja and M.I. Fraga (Mires and Peat 19: Article 02) Published online: 18.01.2017
- Towards ecosystem-based restoration of peatland biodiversity.
by T.Yu. Minayeva, O.M. Bragg and A.A. Sirin (Mires and Peat 19: Article 01) Published online: 18.01.2017
- Holocene fire history: can evidence of peat burning be found in the palaeo-archive?
by S.L. New, C.M. Belcher, V.A. Hudspith and A.V. Gallego-Sala (Mires and Peat 18: Article 26) Published online: 06.12.2016
- Surface peat and its dynamics following drainage - do they facilitate estimation of carbon losses with the C/ash method?
by R. Laiho and M. Pearson (Mires and Peat 17: Article 08) Published online: 04.12.2016
- Cold storage as a method for the long-term preservation of tropical dissolved organic carbon (DOC).
by S. Cook, M. Peacock, C.D. Evans, S.E. Page, M. Whelan, V. Gauci and K.L. Khoon (Mires and Peat 18: Article 25) Published online: 13.11.2016
- Genesis and abiotic characteristics of three high-altitude peatlands in the Tien Shan Mountains (Kyrgyzstan), with focus on silty peatland substrates.
by R. Müller, T. Heinicke, O. Juschus and J. Zeitz (Mires and Peat 18: Article 24) Published online: 06.11.2016
- Regional patterns and controlling factors in plant species composition and diversity in Canadian lowland coastal bogs and laggs.
by S.A. Howie, H.J. van Meerveld and R.J. Hebda (Mires and Peat 18: Article 23) Published online: 06.11.2016
- Scientific basis of a new method for hydrophobic modification of mineral binders using peat products.
by O. Misnikov (Mires and Peat 18: Article 22) Published online: 14.10.2016
- The effect of long-term forestry drainage on the current state of peatland soils: A case study from the Central Sudetes, SW Poland.
by B. Glina, A. Bogacz, M. Gulyás, B. Zawieja, P. Gajewski and Z. Kaczmarek (Mires and Peat 18: Article 21) Published online: 09.10.2016
- Combining short-term manipulative experiments with long-term palaeoecological investigations at high resolution to assess the response of Sphagnum peatlands to drought, fire and warming.
by M. Lamentowicz, S. Słowińska, M. Słowiński, V.E.J. Jassey, B.H. Chojnicki, M.K. Reczuga, M. Zielińska, K. Marcisz, Ł. Lamentowicz, J. Barabach, M. Samson, P. Kołaczek and A. Buttler (Mires and Peat 18: Article 20) Published online: 26.09.2016
- Ecosystem respiration, methane and nitrous oxide fluxes from ecotopes in a rewetted extracted peatland in Sweden.
by S. Jordan, M. Strömgren, J. Fiedler, L. Lundin, E. Lode and T. Nilsson (Mires and Peat 17: Article 07) Published online: 23.09.2016
- The production of 7-methyljuglone, plumbagin and quercetin in wild and cultivated Drosera rotundifolia and Drosera intermedia.
by B. Baranyai, C. Bäcker, C. Reich and U. Lindequist (Mires and Peat 18: Article 19) Published online: 09.09.2016
- Biology, ecology, use, conservation and cultivation of round-leaved sundew (Drosera rotundifolia L.): a review.
by B. Baranyai and H. Joosten (Mires and Peat 18: Article 18) Published online: 09.09.2016
- Reintroduction of salt marsh vegetation and phosphorus fertilisation improve plant colonisation on seawater-contaminated cutover bogs.
by C. Emond, L. Lapointe, S. Hugron and L. Rochefort (Mires and Peat 18: Article 17) Published online: 10.07.2016
- Geotechnical properties of peat soil stabilised with shredded waste tyre chips in combination with gypsum, lime or cement.
by M. Saberian and M.A. Rahgozar (Mires and Peat 18: Article 16) Published online: 03.07.2016
- Area estimations of cultivated organic soils in Ireland: reducing GHG reporting uncertainties.
by J. Donlan, J. O’Dwyer and K.A. Byrne (Mires and Peat 18: Article 15) Published online: 30.06.2016
- Concentrations, loads and yields of organic carbon from two tropical peat swamp forest streams in Riau Province, Sumatra, Indonesia.
by H.M. Yupi, T. Inoue, J. Bathgate and R. Putra (Mires and Peat 18: Article 14) Published online: 30.06.2016
- Palaeoecological studies as a source of peat depth data: A discussion and data compilation for Scotland.
by J. Ratcliffe and R.J. Payne (Mires and Peat 18: Article 13) Published online: 21.06.2016
- Greenhouse gas dynamics in degraded and restored tropical peatlands.
by J. Jauhiainen, S.E. Page and H. Vasander (Mires and Peat 17: Article 06) Published online: 21.06.2016
- Controls on plot-scale growing season CO2 and CH4 fluxes in restored peatlands: Do they differ from unrestored and natural sites?
by M. Strack, J. Cagampan, G. Hassanpour Fard, A.M. Keith, K. Nugent, T. Rankin, C. Robinson, I.B. Strachan, J.M. Waddington and B. Xu (Mires and Peat 17: Article 05) Published online: 14.06.2016
- Do testate amoebae communities recover in concordance with vegetation after restoration of drained peatlands?
by E. Daza Secco, T. Haapalehto, J. Haimi, K. Meissner and T. Tahvanainen (Mires and Peat 18: Article 12) Published online: 10.06.2016
- Characterisation of Holocene plant macrofossils from North Spanish ombrotrophic mires: vascular plants.
by M. Souto, D. Castro, X. Pontevedra-Pombal, E. Garcia-Rodeja and M.I. Fraga (Mires and Peat 18: Article 11) Published online: 10.06.2016